Membership Rules & Regulations
DSN COMMUNITY CENTER MEMBERSHIP – TERMS, CONDITIONS, REGULATIONS & POLICIES
Deal Sephardic Youth Center, Inc., a New Jersey non-profit membership based corporation (which was established to provide wholesome recreation, cultural, social and athletic activities for the community’s youth), operates the DSN Community Center (hereinafter referred to as “DSN Community Center”) a membership-based organization. Each person utilizing the DSN Community Center facilities must either be a member of the DSN Community Center or in certain situations pay a specific non-member fee.
- All new members (people who have not been a part of a DSN program in the past 3 years) must fill out a complete membership application. Applications will be processed within 7-14 days.
- Members must present their membership phone enabled bar-code for scanning at the security desk in order to gain access to the facilities.
- Members will be denied access if their account is not up-to-date.
Membership Key Tags:
- Phone-enabled barcodes are granted to all members in 5th grade and up. Members must present their bar-code at the security desk when entering the facility in order to gain access. For nonmember program participants, registration receipts must be presented in order to gain access to DSN facilities.
- Should you forget your phone, your name will be typed into the computer by the security guard.
- All members receive membership bar codes at no charge. Please notify us if your phone is lost or stolen.
- Children 17 years of age and under are required to have their photos updated annually at no charge.
Payment of Dues:
- Memberships are offered on either an annual basis or summer basis.
- The membership fee, annual security fee and one-time registration fee secures the member the right to use the services offered by the DSN Community Center, including all privileges and rights for the use of the facility granted to all members.
- The one-time registration fee is due immediately upon signing the agreement.
- The membership fee can be paid either all up front with check, cash or credit card OR on a monthly automatic credit card. There is no billing for membership.
- Annual membership renews automatically, unless DSN is notified within 30 days of anniversary date.
- Late renewal is retroactive to the anniversary date.
- The summer membership fees are due according to the summer payment scheduled listed on the summer contracts.
Membership Fee Requirements: Memberships automatically renew 30 days prior to renewal date. Any change in credit card information or payment information must be provided no later than the 15th of the month prior to the next billing month. Returned Checks/Credit Card Declines: A $25 fee will be charged on returned checks, insufficient funds and credit card declines. This fee is payable immediately. Frequent returned items will result in suspension of membership privileges. Continued unsuccessful credit card transactions will result in cancellation of membership. DSN Community Center reserves all legal rights and remedies available to collect monies due for delinquent accounts and you agree to pay for all costs incurred including administrative and out-of-pocket and costs and reasonable attorney’s fees.
- Members may not freeze their memberships, regardless of how often a member uses the facility and regardless of the members personal travel plans. The only exception is a health injury with a doctor’s letter.
Membership Cancellation Policy: Members may only be let out of their annual commitment mid-year without financial obligation for the following reasons:
- Medical cancellation: A doctor’s letter must accompany this request stating that the member cannot physically use our facility due to a medical problem or condition.
- Relocation of the member’s residence to a distance greater than 25 miles from the DSN Community Center. Proof of new residence must accompany the request.
Accidents: It is further expressly agreed that all exercise and use of all facilities shall be undertaken by member and his/her member children at their sole risk and that DSN shall not be liable for any claims, demands, injuries, actions or cause of action whatsoever to members or property arising out of or connection with the use of any of the services and facilities of DSN or the premise where same is located, and member does hereby expressly forever release and discharge the said DSN from all claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, or cause of action, and from all acts of active or passive negligence on the part of such non-profit entity, its servants, employees, executives and directors. Member’s Condition: Member certifies that to the best of his/her knowledge he/she and the rest of the DSN members, if any, from the family are in good health and there is nothing that would prevent any of them from engaging in the exercise or use of equipment in DSN. It is a condition of membership that all members read and sign the DSN Community Center Agreement and Release of Liability Form for themselves and the PARENT Agreement and Release of Liability Form on behalf of their Children. Age Restrictions: For the safety of our members, age restrictions exist on the use of various facilities.
- Children who have not completed 4th grade must be accompanied by a parent or parent-designated supervisor at all times except when the child is registered for a specific supervised-based program. A sibling who has completed 8th grade and up can be considered a parent-designated supervisor. If a child is found unaccompanied, the child will be brought to the security desk and the parent contacted to retrieve the child. If this rule is violated multiple times, membership privileges will be revoked for the parent and child.
- The maximum # of children under 5th grade that can be accompanied by a parent or parent-designated supervisor is 4.
- Housekeepers are not permitted to be the supervisor.
Fitness Center Rules:
- Members who have not completed 7th grade are not permitted to enter fitness center at any time. 8th graders may use the fitness center during posted hours when a Fitness Center staff person is present. 9th graders and up may use the fitness center at all times.
- Members who have not been instructed in the proper use of equipment should make an appointment for a free orientation or ask for assistance from a Fitness Center staff person.
- Proper workout attire must be worn at all times. No flip-flops are allowed.
- Lockers are available for temporary use while members are using the facilities. They are not for overnight storage. DSN is not responsible for lost/stolen personal belongings. Members have no rights (including the right of privacy) in their lockers. DSN Community Center reserves the right to enter and inspect the locker at any time for any purpose.
- Food and drink are prohibited with the exception of water.
- There is a 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment (treadmills, bikes, elliptical, and step machines) when anyone is waiting.
- Use a spotter when lifting heavy weights.
- No Cell Phone use while in the fitness center. Please be safe and considerate. Take all cell phone conversations out of the Fitness Center.
- In order to maintain the privacy of all members, the use of cameras is (including cell phone cameras) is strictly forbidden in Fitness Center, locker rooms, workout areas, childcare areas and may only be used in other areas only with the prior approval of the facility manager. DSN staff may take pictures in any part of the facility, (except bathrooms of course) and any member, in order to use for advertising purposes.
- Re-rack all weights and return accessory items to appropriate storage areas.
- Equipment is specifically located in designated areas of the Fitness Center and the respective specialized studios. Do not alter the arrangement of the equipment or remove equipment from these designated studio areas.
- It is the responsibility of the member to wipe off all strength and cardio equipment after each use. Cleaning solution and cleaning-towels are located throughout the facility.
- Headphones must be worn for personal music devices.
- Sessions of instruction, or any form of personal training must be conducted only by DSN-approved certified personal trainers and approved fitness staff. No outside contracting or non-approved private instruction is allowed.
Indoor Playground Rules:
- Minimum age is walking-ability. Maximum grade is thru 2nd grade.
- Parent/supervisor must stay with child
- Sneakers/Shoes must be removed before using the playground.
- Must abide by all signs attached to the playground.
- The gymnasium is unsupervised. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children.
- Sneaker or rubber-soled athletic shoes must be worn at all times in the gym.
- Food and drink are prohibited with the exception of water.
- Carriages/strollers must remain on the perimeter of the gym floor.
- No skateboards allowed in the gym.
- Make sure to adhere to the designated open gym times.
- No hanging on rims/nets of basketball equipment.
- During open-play gym times, the courts are available on a first come first serve basis. There is no reserving courts. If members are waiting, court time is limited to 60 minutes per member.
- Activities permitted are basketball, soccer, volleyball, dodgeball, kickball.
- At times, DSN will close the gymnasium due to DSN events or to schedule times for certain ages to play to the exclusion of other ages.
General Hours of Operation: Monday through Thursday 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Friday: 6:00 AM to 1 hour before Candlelighting Saturday: Closed, Opens 1/2 hour after Shabbat ends until Midnight. Sunday: 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Jewish High Holidays and Yomim Tovim: Closed. In summer, closing time is extended to midnight Mon-Thurs and 1am on Sat nights. Times subject to change
Code of Conduct: All members should recognize that DSN is dedicated to the welfare of all. In order to maintain a safe and comfortable environment, DSN asks that everyone must:
- Refrain from the use of foul language, abusive actions or inappropriate behavior.
- Recognize that sportsmanship conduct, fair play and cooperative attitude govern behavior at all time.
- DSN reserves the right to suspend or cancel membership privileges immediately without refund, and bar from entrance into DSN building, including lobby and cafe, to any member who (1) aids in the unauthorized entrance of non-members; (2) becomes physically or verbally abusive to members or staff; (3) disregards posted rules and regulations.
- Shirts and footwear are required inside of building at all times.
- DSN is an alcohol and smoke-free facility both within and outside on the sidewalks of the building.
- Food and drink are only permitted in the Café Area, Game Room and Main Lobby, as well as the upstairs multi-purpose room during designated program times.
- All areas of the building are under security video surveillance.
- DSN reserves the right to cancel membership of any member at any time, for ANY reason whatsoever, without explanation.
Violations of Rules and Regulations:
- Member agrees to keep and obey all rules and regulations now in force or in the future prescribed by DSN. Failure to do so may result in your membership being cancelled.
- Any conduct or action deemed inappropriate will be considered material breach of this agreement and will result in suspension or cancellation of membership without refund.
Parking: Please park in designated areas only. Do not park along the entry drive or any other driveways. Please park and walk your children into the main lobby for all programming. Do not stop in fire lanes. Overnight parking or parking when the member is not in or using the DSN Community Center is not permitted. Handicap spaces are available. Cars without authorized handicap identification may be ticketed. Please respect those who must use these reserved spaces.
Baby Sitting: Babysitting will be available 8am-1130am Monday-Friday, as well as for other “special event” times. Walk-in fee is $4/hour. Advance package is $35 for 10 hours. Ages 6 months through 3 years old. Baby does not need to a part of a family membership.
Weather Information: For the safety of our members and staff during severe weather, it may be necessary for the DSN Community Center to cancel classes and/or close for a portion of the day. Please follow Dealdsn on instagram to see any closings or delayed openings.
Photo Release: I give unconditional permission to DSN to photograph me and/or my child(ren), and to use the photographs to publicize DSN and its programs and activities in newsletters, brochures, program guides, advertisements and for other similar not-for-profit purposes.
Program Benefits: Membership gives members the exclusive right to register for multiple-week programs and leagues that take place inside the building. For example, an after-school baking class or youth basketball league that take place inside the building. Non-members cannot join them. Membership gives members the exclusive right to register for multiple-week after-school programs that take place outside the building as well. For example, a gymnastics class organized and supervised by DSN staff at a local gymnastics facility. Non-members cannot join them. Membership gives members the exclusive right to register for 1-day programs or trips at special member pricing. Non-members can join for an additional fee, determined by program. Sports leagues that take place outside the building do not require membership, nor do they offer special pricing to members.
Program Refund Policy: DSN policy is that all registrations are final with no refunds, credits or transfers.
- DSN After-School Program Refund Policy
- Pro-rated refund or account credit allowed prior to 3rd week of program.
- No refunds or account credit at all for any amount after the 3rd week of the program.
- If a child is injured and has to drop out, then pro-rated refund or account credit allowed.
- Guest fees are $20 per individual per day. From mid-June (exact date determined each year) through Labor Day, no guests are allowed, even for a fee. Members-only during that time period.
- Guests 17 and up must present a photo ID to verify their identity and sign DSN’s “Agreement and Release of Liability” before receiving their guest pass for each day they attend.
- Guests under 17 must be escorted into the building by their parent. Guests under 17 must have their parent sign the “Parent Agreement and Release of Liability” before receiving a guest pass for each day they attend.
- Use of the facility by guests is subject to availability of space, with members receiving priority. If space is deemed full or expected to be full, guests will be turned away.
If any provisions herein are in conflict with Federal, state or local laws, then those shall govern, with all provisions remaining in full force and effect. ALL ABOVE RULES, REGULATIONS & TERMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. THE DSN COMMUNITY CENTER MAY, AT ITS DISCRETION, ADJUST THE RATE OF MEMBERSHIP DUES OR OTHER FEES. IN SUCH CASE YOU WILL RECEIVE AT LEAST 14-DAYS WRITTEN NOTICE PRIOR TO ANY MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL AT A HIGHER FEE.