Basketball 4th-5th Boys : Rules
Time and Games
- Games have two 20 minute halves with a 2-minute halftime.
- Clock stops for all whistles with less than 2 min left in each half
- Games are played with 5 on 5 and can be played with a minimum of 4 on 4 players. If one team has 6 players and the other team has 4 the team with 6 players needs to sub 2 players. Teams with less than 4 players forfeit the game.
- There is one, 5 minute overtime per game, after the 5 minutes if it is still a tie game ends in a tie.
- We are Playing with 2’s and 3’s pointers.
- Free throws count as 1 point.
- We need to make sure that all the kids are getting into the games. If needed, refs must stop games to force substitutions.
FOULS and PENALTIES
- Shooting foul you take 2 shots. After 10 Team Fouls, all fouls are 1 and 1.
- If a team has 2 team fouls with less than 2 minute remain in the last half of the game, the fouled player will get free throw shots 1 and 1.
- Non-Shooting Foul you inbound it from the sideline.
- There is a penalty for being in the paint for more than 5 Seconds.
- The Ball Carrier must cross the half court line under 10 seconds.
- No Press- Penalty for press will be 10 seconds taken off the clock & Technical free-throw & possession to remain with the team inbounding the ball.
- Back Court violations will be called
- FOUL LANGUAGE-Not permitted and Ref can assess a technical foul shot after to that player's team.
- Games may not be delayed to wait for a missing player.
- Each team has Three 1 minute Timeouts permitted per half.
- Any Player that acts unsportsmanlike, the ref can assess a technical foul shot to that player's team.
- If both teams do not have the minimum # of players for a game, it's a double forfeit with both teams earning a loss, and the game will not be made up.
- No regular games, playoff games or finals can be canceled, postponed or re-scheduled due to a missing player, regardless of the player's talent level or position on the team.
- No regular games playoff games or finals game can be canceled, postponed or re-scheduled due to a missing headcoach. Another coach must fill in